Saturday, 1 May 2010

May Day Clothes Clear-out

Today's title is true i have filled three bin bags full of clothes ready for the charity shops. and not even started on the shoes yet.
 
I went shopping today for some new Linen Pants as my old ones are WAY TOO BIG (yippee) my mum suggested primark as they have some for £8. I thought Narrrr Primark only go up to size 18s (US 14s) but decided to bite the bullet and try some one AND i managed to get in a pair. now primark clothes are very cheap for one reason and i think we can guess what that is, but the sizes can be a bit off but I've tried them against size 18s in next and DP and Peacocks and they are all more or less the same size. Now when i say i can get into them i do mean only just but as long as i am good this week they will be OK with a long-ish top plus linen has the delight full function of stretching after an hours wear!!!

I also got a new necklace from DP £4.50 instead of £9. its round disks turquoise and navy  i might wear it out on Sunday night if i decided to wear the bright blue dress i bought to wear at Xmas that didn't fit well it does now and i wanted to take it on holiday but as i have a million other items for holiday i might as well wear it now!!! then still got a week to get it washed if i still want to take it.

Sorry i am babbling.


I've been sucked in by Matt Smith as Doctor Who - he's no hottie like DT but I'm loving him as the Doctor.
Loved tonight's (Flesh and Stone) episode, still scared of those bloody Angels but i think him and Karen (Amy Pond) have really good on screen chemistry. I also like Alex Kingston as River Song.


On the 8th April i came across the following:

STOLEN FROM: CBGBlog
I'm feeling in a photo comparison mood. I think everyone should do this. That is why I have made a new challenge (my first one).

PHOTO COMPARISON CHALLENGE
Guidelines:
1. Find a photo of you at your highest, a photo that made you realize you needed to change your life, or just a photo of you when you were bigger.
2. Take a photo of yourself today.
3. Upload them onto your blog and take a look at them.... I mean... really take a look at them
4. Compare the pictures and write something positive about yourself that you notice has physically changed. Compliment yourself! We all compliment ourselves on things we are doing to change our lives (not eating cookie, working out, etc). We don't compliment ourselves enough on the physical changes that are occurring.
Once you have done this....  feel free to take the photo comparison challenge button and put it on your blog. Let people know that you are making changes and being positive!
PLEASE..... comment on this blog entry once you have done this so I can take a look! Would love to see what wonderful things everyone has to say about themselves. Also, take a look at other peoples blogs who join in on the challenge..... give them some compliments about physical things too.
(If for some reason you can't take a picture and upload today.... I encourage you to do this by Friday. You don't need to primp and prep for the picture. That is the whole point. Love yourself today for whatever reasons!)

Picture 1 Taken at my Works Xmas do at the Willows 5/12/08. i HATE this picture, the pic has been cropped as i was standing with 2 of the other girls who are both size 8 (US4) and it made me look bigger than i was.... well you can only imagine how big that was cos me on my own is bad enough! 

Picture 2  - taken in the past couple of hours as you can see i did not primp and prep for these!! i kept my bra on for decency's sake i couldn't move without the dress slipping down.

Ok i need to compliment myself - not something i am very good at well my shape has changed and i feel that i look healthier in the 2nd picture than i did in the 1st one.

I'm only a month late in doing the challenge but it's something i really wanted to so. My face also looks smaller but still got the blasted double double chin!!! one day it will be gone!!!

I'm starting to look forward to my night out now. hope its a good night. hoping to take some pics of the night.

nighty night

off to watch Buffy and dream of Luke perry

PS  if you need gift ideas for my b'day him or Christan Slater gift wrapped will do ;0)

4 comments:

River said...

(I'm not joining the challenge. At least not yet.)
But... you look like a whole new person! The difference is so striking! Way to go!!!

Aylilth said...

Not ready for the challenge yet as just starting really.....

But Dr. Who!!!!

OMG loving it as well, I am stuck waiting for part 2 of that episode. Those angel's are pretty scary eah

Becca said...

Okay.. I joined your challenge thing and posted before/after photos. Still have like 50lbs to go, but there you have it. ~winks~

If nothing else, doing the photo thing has reminded me WHY I'm trying to loose weight.

Katy said...

WOW, what a big difference! I can't bring myself to take a photo right now because I'm afraid I won't see a big difference. I've lost 32 lbs from my heaviest, but something in my head says it's not enough to produce a WOW reaction. Yours is a wow reaction. Way to go!!